You need an N95 mask

Posted by goodwood goodwood
A typical surgical mask is designed as a physical barrier to block larger droplets and liquid spray. This means that surgical masks have a certain effect in reducing the probability of liquids spreading through airborne covid2019, whether they are infected (to prevent the virus from spreading from them) or uninfected (to avoid being infected).
However, medical masks are not very resistant to small particles, including some caused by aerosols caused by sneezing. You need an N95 mask.
A typical surgical mask is designed as a physical barrier to block larger droplets and liquid spray. This means that surgical masks have a certain effect in reducing the probability of liquid covid2019 spreading through the air, whether it is an infected person (to control the spread of the virus) or an uninfected person (to avoid infection).
However, medical masks are not very resistant to small particles, including some caused by aerosols caused by sneezing. You need an N95 mask.
Either way, the mask is ideally used for a single session, and then it should be discarded.
Currently, the Center for Disease Control (cdc) does not recommend that citizens use N95 or surgical masks every day. However, the Chinese government has recommended the use of surgical masks. If the disease becomes common enough in the United States, the CDC may eventually give the same recommendation.
However, for "civilian", surgical masks are meaningful, not N95. This is because the latter are uncomfortable, and the supply is more limited, and the degree of protection they provide is most suitable for medical personnel who work closely with infected patients.
I remember when I started my two-year service with the China Peace Corps, I was given a N95 mask. In the next two years, all volunteers were required to wear masks to prevent an outbreak similar to the SARS virus in 2003, which led to the evacuation of all Chinese volunteers at that time. If this happens again, we are told that we should wear masks and have been wearing masks throughout the evacuation.
Because N95 masks can only be used for one course of treatment, and once removed, they are considered to be unsafe. Ideally, doctors treating a large number of covid2019 patients will use dozens of masks within 100 days. Multiplied by the number of doctors required to treat this disease, experts believe that this disease may infect more than half of the US population, and you need billions of masks.
Specifically, the Assistant Secretary of the Department of Health and Human Services estimated at 3.5 billion people at the March 3 congressional hearing.
Unfortunately, in the United States National Strategic Reserve established by the Clinton Administration in 1999, far fewer vaccines are available. The purpose of the reserve is to provide a 12-hour medical response to fatal terrorist attacks against weapons of mass destruction. SNS only has 12 million medical N95 masks and 30 million medical masks. https://www.maskwholesales.com
This is actually only a small part of the previous reserve size, because SNS distributed 85 million n95 in 2009 to help control the swine flu epidemic.
SNS has about 200 employees and many secret warehouses across the country. So far, it has released a part to cope with the popularity of COVID-19.
The Pentagon donated 5 million N95 masks, and the US Department of Health and Human Services ordered 500 million N95 masks, hoping to increase production in the next 18 months. But these obviously can only meet part of the demand.